Dr Joseph J. Panikulam
Dr Joseph is a Senior lecturer at Taylor’s University School of Medicine. He is also a Consultant Psychiatrist, Pantai Mutiara Medical Center, Penang since 2012. He is currently a Consultant Psychiatrist, Mind Faculty, Solaris Mont Kiara and in Valley Psych Specialists, Bangsar. At the same time Dr Joseph is a Consultant Psychiatrist, Health Equities Initiative (NGO providing mental health services for refugees in Malaysia).
His experience includes Humanitarian work providing mental health services and training to benefit refugees.
- Master of Psychological Medicine (MPM) - University of Malaya, Malaysia
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS/MB ChB/MB BCh/MB Bchir/BMBS) - Kasturba Medical College, Manipal, India
- Senior lecturer, PMC; Apr 2011 – Mar 2014
- Consultant psychiatrist, Apollo Medical Center, Taiping, 2012 – 2014
- From Nov & Dec 2011: Consultant for MSF (Doctors without Borders) Holland - conducted assessment of Psychiatric services in Iraq
- From Apr 2008 – Aug 2011, Dr Joseph was a Mental Health Coordinator, International Medical Corps, Jordan
- From May 2003 – Mar 2008; Consultant psychiatrist, UMMC, Kuala Lumpur.
- From Jul 1995 – May 1998: GP, Kota Kinabalu 1 year, Kuala Lumpur 2 years.
- From Jan 1991 – Jun 1995: MOH including 2 years MO Bukit Padang Psychiatric Hospital, KK
- Malaysian Medical Council (MMC) (No. 29973)
- National Specialist Register (NSR), Malaysia (No. 128947)